Lifeline & Link-Up for low-income Customers
As an Eligible Telecommunications Carrier (ETC), Alltel offers discounted wireless plans to qualified Customers under the Federal Universal Service Fund Low-Income program:
- Lifeline Discount
Allows qualifying low-income individuals to receive discounted rates on their monthly wireless service.
- Link-Up Discount
Provides a one-time discount on the activation fee for qualifying low-income individuals who are first-time Customers and who do not currently have telecommunications service.
Alltel’s Lifeline and Link-Up discounts are currently available in Georgia, Idaho, and North Carolina.
To be eligible for a monthly discount through a Lifeline plan, the person subscribing to the wireless service must:
- Have a billing address or residential address in a state and locality where Lifeline plan is offered.
- Meet the specific eligibility requirements of the state where he or she resides and submit a completed state certification form.
- Meet the residency requirements for the Lifeline plan. It’s not sufficient if another member of the household qualifies. Only one Lifeline account per household is allowed. Important: The state certification form requires the applicant to certify under penalty of perjury that neither the applicant nor any other member of his or her household receives Lifeline service from another carrier.
- Agree to notify Alltel as soon as he or she is no longer eligible to participate in the low-income assistance program identified at the time of enrollment.
Lifeline benefits take effect when proof of eligibility is verified and the sales representative activates the account at the retail store. Basic features of the Lifeline plan include the following:
Monthly access fee $16.49 Anytime minutes 300 Additional Anytime Minutes $0.10 per minute Nationwide local calling No toll charges Roaming charges $0.59 per minute
You may add additional features, such as voicemail and text messaging, to your Lifeline service. Airtime or additional fees may apply. You can get more information by visiting http://u-lifeline.com/.
Important: Only authorized Alltel sales representatives at Alltel retail stores can enroll you in a Lifeline plan.
To enroll for a Lifeline plan:
- Visit an Alltel retail store.
- Ask a sales representative to determine whether you reside in an ETC-designated area.
- Provide documentation that you meet the eligibility requirements for your state.
- Complete and sign the state-specific certification form under penalty of perjury.
The sales representative can now activate the account from the retail store. No contract is required. However, you may be required to purchase a device that costs at least $29.99.
To be eligible for a 50 percent discount on the activation fee through the Link-Up program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Your income qualifies as low-income according to the rules of the program.
- You are a first-time Customer.
- You do not already have telecommunications service.
Note: If you have previously received a Link-Up discount from Alltel or another carrier, you cannot receive the Link-Up discount a second time.
If you qualify for the Link-Up discount, please complete the information on the certification form related to Link-Up eligibility.
Important: In Georgia, unresolved complaints concerning Lifeline and Link-Up service availability can be directed to the Georgia Public Service Commission’s Consumer Affairs Unit at 404.656-4501.
last updated 09/18/2012
Here's the Alltel version of the Obama Phone. $16.49/mo
Post a Comment
Please do not use profanity or suggestive language. Moderation is active. Please help me keep my sites family-friendly :)